ES WAB TV
ES WAB TV
• What information we collect and why we collect it.
• How we use that information.
• The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to Western Academy of Beijing (hereby called WAB) so whether you are new to WAB or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices.
Information that we collect
We collect information in two ways:
• Information that you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a WAB Account. When you do, we'll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible Tiger Tube Profile, which may include your name and photo.
• Information that we obtain from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
o Device information
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system versionand unique device identifiers). WAB may associate your device identifiers with your WAB Account.
o Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by WAB, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
• details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
• Internet protocol address.
• device event information, such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
• cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your WAB Account.
o Cookies and anonymous identifiers
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a WAB service, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
How we use information that we collect
We use the information that we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones and to protect WAB and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results.
We may use the name that you provide for your WAB Profile across all of the services we offer that require a WAB Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your WAB Account, so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible WAB Profile information, such as your name and photo.
When you contact WAB, we may keep a record of your communication to help resolve any issues that you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
• Use our profile editor to see and adjust how your WAB Profile appears to particular individuals.
• Control who you share information with.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information that you share
Tiger Tube lets you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including WAB.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so free of charge, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information that we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of WAB unless one of the following circumstances applies:
• With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside WAB when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
• With domain administrators
WAB Account is managed for you by a domain administrator who will have access to your WAB Account information (including your emails and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
o view statistics regarding your account, such as statistics regarding applications that you install.
o change your account password.
o suspend or terminate your account access.
o access or retain information stored as part of your account.
o receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
o restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
• For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside WAB if we have a belief in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
o meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
o enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
o detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
o protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of WAB, our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect WAB and our users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. In particular:
• We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
• We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
• We restrict access to personal information to WAB employees who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Dated: 1st December 2014